Your backpack is the most important element of the equipment, as you will be using it during the entirety of the walk. Choose a comfortable, sturdy travel backpack which does not rub or press on your back and is moisture-resistant or fitted with a protective cover. We recommend trying your backpack out at least a couple of times prior to the walk, so that you know its capacity and find ways to use it to your advantage. You will also be able to find out if you need all the belongings that you can fit in it. Depending on which route you are set on conquering, you should have a backpack with a capacity of 20 to 40 litres.
The contents of your backpack will mainly consist of:
- a spare pair of socks and a set of outdoor clothing, which must be kept dry;
- snacks and additional food;
- a bottle with 1-1,5 litres of water in it, which must be easily accessible;
- a flashlight, a phone battery;
- personal medications, supplements, glucose, etc..